View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #27
TheProfessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post

I agree that Sirius hasn't lived up to its initial hype, but I find FM radio grating these days. Censored content, tons of commercials, and absolutely asinine DJs on every major station.
All is a matter of taste and probably a generational thing.
I don't do music. Just the news/talk stations. And there are enough for all from Fox News to MSNBC to BBC.

The business model of both Sirius and XM was good in the beginning. But my guess was that not enough car manufacturers geared up early on to place satellite radio in cars.
Ford was later then GM to offer this in most vehicles.
My opinion was that these two manufacturers should have used same technology for both so that any customer could choose one or the other.

But not enough revenue streaming in the beginning hurt both.
The FCC then allowed a merger - a monopoly.

Finances being what they are - advertisements have to enter.

I did like the iHeart stations as iHeart owned a stake in SiriusXM - but they sold out and some interesting stations/personalities were dropped.

There is nothing more entertaining listening to Alex Jones - telling the audience that the world is collapsing - and that all should buy silver - and then an advertisement from a company that sells silver. But Alex is gone when iHeart sold out. Oh . . . Alex is still out there - just not on SiriusXM.
So tempting to stock up on silver when it was $35.00 an ounce. Ah . . . but I missed that opportunity.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote