View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #47
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I was just looking at the map, and the cove you elude to in your post, is quite wide open... How would you intended to boundary this proposed Now Wake zone....I think that the cove itself could be designated a No-Wake zone.... as it is pretty much a dead end. Draw a line from Hen Island to Oak Island.... Much beyond that and I think you are asking to much....

With that said, how much would the No Wake zone help? My guess is not as much as you would like. The entrance to that cove is pretty wide open, and will allow wave action into the cove regardless. Additionally you will find that boats slowing down in that area will only add to the problem, boats produce a much more sizable wake as they come down off of plane.

My guess here is that you have a neighbor with a performance boat that is irritating you... As he and his buddies come in and out... You may get a no wake zone however you are not going to get rid of your neighbors boats. (this is assumption on my part, if I am wrong I am wrong just tell me)

My other guess would be that people are rafting or anchoring in that area, this may also offended you.... but a now wake zone will not help this either... (once again a guess on my part tell me if I am wrong, I can live with it)...

You mention beach front erosion, that is the down side of having a beach.... The wave action, is always going to cause you issues.... even with a no wake zone waves will make it to your beach... This is an excuse, not a reason for a no wake zone.....In fact what you should be doing, is instead, looking into making your beach into a perched beach, which oh by the way it sounds like you are doing.... I hope you have checked with DES about what you are doing.....I don't think they would complain, as you are doing something that will help the lake, but you never know.

Last I want to touch upon the sound... Maybe your cove becomes a no-wake zone... as I have outlined above.... but you still have the noise emanating from Meredith bay, the area, directly in front of your cove etc..... and of course when those noisy boats are in your cove going no wake the noise is going to be around longer......

Bottom line here is this.... I can believe it or not see your thought about a no-wake zone.... what I can't see is how it is going to help with your problems.... the noise will still be their, and the water will still be quite rough...

So yes you will have a no-wake zone, you maybe able to see a loon family happen.... but you will still have noise, still have erosion issues, and will have made some enemies(potentially).... I just don't think it is worth it myself....
I'll get beat-up over this...BUT...

Last edited by Rusty; 11-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.