View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #26
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Glad you checked out the "new" Cannon, wish I was around to meet up with you. I'm being a little sarcastic about what you call the "new" Cannon family area. The Tuckerbrook area first started running in 2003 with the completion of Cannon's phase 2 improvements started in 2000. It really is a great learning area as its all by itself with no traffic coming from above. This is actually where I start my day. I live a few house away in Mittersill and boot up at home and park right by the lift and ski from the car to that lift.
I have not skied Cannon since the lay off. I use to race a lot there. My race days are over now that I lost my 'Cadillac' health insurance.

I have not skied the Tuckerbrook area as I have not need to. Nor do I frequent the nearby 'bar' lodge. Now that I have discovered Tuckerbrook, you are right, it is a nice warmup in the morning and the parking is much better!

I will let you know when I hit Cannon. If you like Cannon your would love the 'Kennebec Steeps' at Saddleback!