View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #227
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpddep View Post
OCD,

Scott, without getting into too many details I'm sure you'll figure out who this is. I haven't seen or talked to you since you got the AT, congrats! I now how long you've been waiting for that. Your father-in-law has been keeping me mostly up to date on your problems, considering all the problems I've been having with my Checkmate (even since you drove it!) My problems are resolved and I couldn't be happier. Great news on the head gasket (all things considered). If you need help with anything, let me or Steve know, I'll be glad to help any way I can. The engine builder I used is about 200 yards away from me at the lake! He did great work (and has a full in-house machine shop) and I got a lot of help from Bob Madara at Marine Kinetics (custom ground cam/matching Morel lifters, Isky Springs setup, etc.). If you are still interested in paint, the guy who did my boat has his shop right over in Gilford, let me know if your interested and I can get you hooked up. We will definitely have to hook up on the water next summer!
Yes, wasn't hard to figure out. Welcome to Winni.com. Love the screen name as well!!!

I appreciate it. I don't know he told you but the boat is being stored down in VA and should be all fixed within a month. I called steve about the painter, he said he wasn't in business. It is fine though because I decided to go vinyl. A lot less $$$ and it is better for resale then to have my name on the side. Not that I ever plan on selling but you have to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

We absolutely have to meet up. I am trying to convince Steve to bring his boat down for Jammin on the James next year. There are a few checkmates doing that run. Actually there are two boats identical to you and steve's except for paint jobs. But we definately need to hook up on the lake. I hope to see you before that and I will bring the video of last years run.

Great hearing from you. Stay on the boards and I will keep you updated as to the progress. Should be some good accesories coming as well.

Take care!