View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #125
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
The vast majority of posts complaining about a lack of presence or enforcement, including my own, had to do with the Captain B's of the world. I don't think anyone complained that people weren't being stopped willy nilly for no reason at all, nor did anyone hope the MP's would intentionally entrap boaters to see if they could force them to violate the law. So while your points make for great stories, they don't seem to have any bearing on the facts.

The reason you're seemingly enjoying yourself this summer has far more to do with the nasty weather and the economy than anything else you perceive. I read reports of slow activity on lakes around the country, with very few exceptions, for those very reasons. Lots of people out of work now, and the last thing on their minds is boating.

Lake Champlain is practically abandoned this year, except for the semi-usual activity in the bay. We have no speed limits at all, and quite a bit more space to roam free than on Winni. Just hasn't been a problem.

Nobody's complained about the law really, and nobody's complained about being stopped if they were speeding, or doing something else wrong. If you can find an instance on these boards this year where people do not have legitimate gripes, particularly the recent threads you point to, please feel free to point them out.

There's always a disgruntled underbelly of people that will perceive most anything to be true about things they don't agree with. In general, most people do obey the law. In general, the vast majority of people that appear to be disgruntled with their encounters with the MP have done nothing wrong.
Wish there was a "Thanks" button but there isn't so I will say that this was very well stated. Thanks VT.