View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
GTO

Default same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi Minx View Post
Thinking of days gone by, and warmer more carefree times at the lake.
As we (Melrose Howland's, related Spencers and Moschella clans) enjoyed the cottage altogether for the month of August at my uncle's West Alton property we all spent a lot of time in the water. The boathouse always housed the little blue gray lobsters that were a neat challenge to catch, really early 60's. We were always filling pails with many crayfish which seemed to populate more in the boathouse than in front of the dock.

As I returned with my own clan of 5 early 80's, crayfish were not to be found.
Did they miss the Chris Craft? Did they not enjoy the Mastercraft? Was it the thunder of the Donzi being parked above them? What banished them from the boathouse where they seemed so abundant.

As I ponder those wonderful childhood memories I am angst with the thought that it was an "environmental" thing that may have caused this disappearing act. Chief Thundercloud and I talked about it on one of our 3.5 "speed walks" and she rightly said.....your forum friends will know the answer to that!

Gawwwd, I hope it wasn't the Dr. Bronners all Natural soap!

We have a lot of rocks where I am in Meredith and summers ago, you could lift any rock and there would be one if not 2 crayfish under every rock. No more. Not for the past 5-6 summers.