View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #43
goodriddancex3x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
We have always been a fan of Pop's however had a lousy meal yesterday. The seafood platter was ALL french fries and cole slaw, the clams seemed more like strips than whole clams, there was 2 full size shrimp instead of the pile of minis that you usually get, and probably 3 scallops on the whole plate. The overall amount of food was nothing like it normally is. We ate through it so quickly (the seafood part that is, nobody could ever eat that many fries) and were still hungry so I ordered a side of scallops. The bottom of the boat that it came in was all watery but they tasted OK. It was like pulling teeth to get extra tartar sauce, they gave me 2 for a platter. I asked for more, I got one more thimbell sized cup. I asked again, she finally filled one of the small boats that they usually do but it was like I was asking for the world. We did use it, its not like it went in the can.

In the end, we dropped $64 for counter service takeout for 2 adults and 2 small children. I ended up with an empty wallet and a nasty stomach ache about 2 hours after which I have not gotten there before. I have been a fan before and have recommended people to Pop's in the past however it will be a while before I go back. We used to go every Friday night on the way up, we will be skipping it for a while.
Seafood plates never have baby shrimp.
goodriddancex3x3 is offline   Reply With Quote