Thread: Sunday morning
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 09:16 AM   #30
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
....I have been especially cranky the last couple days, and I think it's because I am tired of the extra volume of day boaters, day trippers, and other yahoos that have been coming here all summer. I totally get it...people were cooped up for a couple months, and can't, (or don't want to), go on a big vaca, so they make a day trip or weekend trip to the lakes region. It's also a tourist economy here and the region needs vacationers. However, that's not an excuse for being a sh**head. On Sunday, I was heading up the hill going towards Laconia by Lovering Volvo and there was a steady line of traffic coming down the hill into Meredith. Mr and Miss Jackass, (with out-of-state plates), gun it from the street next to the car wash out onto Rte 3 heading toward Meredith. The driver and his lady friend both gave the finger simultaneously to me and the car coming down the hill as he cut us both off. Seriously?? And the nonsense I've seen on the lake this summer, as others have written, is even worse. I am truly amazed that there have not been any serious accidents or injuries on the water over the last couple months.

Just a couple more weeks....I am really looking forward to September!
Fully agree with you. The wife and I are into counting out of state plates as we attempt to go about our daily lives. Believe it will be into September as individuals are still working from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote