Thread: Jo Greens?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 07:28 PM   #6
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
JoGreene's went out of business before the summer, and the building was bought by at least one local person (and maybe some others in partnership with him). The space which was JoGreene's needed a lot of work, and a local restaurant is going to open another restaurant in that location. Yes, they are doing a lot of work, and for the sake of the first floor, I sure hope the framing structure can support all the new weight. There is an empty storefront for rent facing Main St., and a real estate office and "rethreads" clothing store along the north side.

Over the years JoGreene's had an great many patrons taking advantage of the view from the second floor deck, but an extraordinary number of them were one-time diners.

I don't believe the former JoGreene's ever actually opened as Schooner's Greene.
When I just searched Jo Greens (to make sure of spelling), Schooner Green's came up—looks like it may have changed names for a bit before closing.

Regardless, Jo Greens was criminal. Below average food and service with above average pricing. The only reason the Earth didn't open up and send that ish to the bowels of hell it belonged in was the view.

I'm hoping the new place hits it out of the park.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by thinkxingu; 09-08-2021 at 06:05 AM.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote