View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #20
loonguy

I recently installed SimpliSafe for security as well as nature watching. It is great for daytime viewing and stores video for 30 days. The doorbell camera has night vision; the other cameras are for indoors only with night vision, and provide great outside daytime viewing through the windows, which interfere with outdoor night vision due to reflections even if the status light on the cameras is turned off. All the cameras are plug-in with WiFi. Batteries and cellular phone connections provide back-up in the event of a power outage. SimpliSafe provides 24/7 monitoring for security purposes and contacts the homeowner and then the police as needed for security. I also opted for entry sensors, motion sensors, freeze sensors, smoke detectors and a water sensor. So far I am happy and think it is a good fit for my needs at a reasonable cost (currently doorbell camera free with subscription and other cameras $99 each, flat monthly rate regardless of the number of cameras, 60 day trial with no cancellation/return charge, cancellable at will thereafter).

I have edited this post several times because I am still learning the details of my system and the other posts here have been very helpful in educating me to search for capabilities and details of operation. The more I learn the more I like SimpliSafe. It is very highly rated by experts and customers. I sometimes wish the indoor cameras had better outdoor night vision; perhaps SimpliSafe can figure out how to deal with this issue--an outside camera with night vision might be a good addition. It might be better without the additional outside camera, on the other hand, so that I need not check for whatever critters might show up in the back yard after dark.

Last edited by loonguy; 01-07-2019 at 06:18 PM.
loonguy is offline   Reply With Quote