View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #16
Blue Thunder

Default Totally agree.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
8gv --

I too am a NEST fan. Have (3) at Winni & (2) in MA. The beautiful part of the NEST (not saying others don't) is the ability to continue to add till your heats content -- or wallet empty!

Be careful of "buying cheap" …… the age old adage of You Get what You Pay for. For NEST, $200/cam is quite reasonable given the features, ease of setup, night vision & quality of picture (including zoom functions).

One hidden thing to be cautious of in your research is "recording time" -- NEST, out of the box, gives you only 24 hours of look back. Yet for $10.00/month you can get a 7 day history. When you add a second Cam, this fee drops to $5/mo for each device -- thus two cams is the same price as one for recording history. Nest also offers a 30 Day plan, but given the motion or noise "alerts" it sends to your phone (optional setting) we never found a need.

Also -- Nest Cam (formerly DropCam) is the originator of these affordable wifi cams -- all others are realtively new competion. Meaning, they are a proven product.
I am having the exact same experience as the above. I have 3 nest cams at my place up north. I opted to leave the Internet on this year. Complete and utter torture watching the cams daily looking at the lake to see if there is any ice forming. I have two outside cams and one inside. I bought them over a year ago on a Black Friday sale. Got all 3 for about $400. Money well spent for a quality product.