View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 PM   #29
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodynh View Post
I would love to vote but don't know what a GFBL boat is. Can somebody tell me what this stands for?
Absolutely. Go Fast Be Loud. There are some GFBS boats around, which is a little silly.

Today, we traveled around 75 miles or more round trip. Some light winds to start with, followed by wallowing of cruiser wakes home.

We were bouncing a bit and going around 23 mph or so, just slow enough to not break a rib or two. A 42' Fountain went by us, bimini up, doing around 40 or more. The waves didn't really impact him, he looked quite comfy. Not that loud a boat, probably had some mufflers. I made it back to port about 40 minutes behind him. There were about 10 more of them, a couple of Cigs, a 29 Baja Islander BR, some others. A couple were too loud for my taste, and all of them were cruising at 50 to 60, mostly at the lower end.

That's what a GF boat does. They really should rename the style to CFIC Cruise Fast In Comfort. That's what I'd like. It's really not how fast your boat can go, but how fast it can cruise comfortably. The first time I wanted a fast cruiser was about 30 years ago on Winni. Curse those cruiser wallows on weekends, or just get something more comfy