View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #62
Tired of Waiting

Default Why I'm skeptical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
You sound exactly like the tobacco company apologists from 20 years ago. "No proof smoking causes cancer despite what 98% of doctors say", "My uncle lived to 80 smoking 2 packs a day", "I just smoked a cigarette and I didnt die" etc. Other points: continents move. In 65 million years they move A LOT. Evidence suggests a primary cause for it being warmer in prior times was, wait for it, greenhouse gases, released by volcanic activity. Fossil fuel use increases carbon in the atmosphere, carbon molecules trap heat. Both of those are provable in a good high school lab.
I have NEVR said man may not contribute to global warming. I just question the "scientific" it is settled science so called FACT that this is true. I as a scientist of sorts always question the supporting facts of a hypothesis until such time it is proven beyond any ones question that it is in fact a fact.

Here is one reason why I still question the facts:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration scientists have found a solution to the 15-year “pause” in global warming: They “adjusted” the hiatus in warming out of the temperature record.

New climate data by NOAA scientists doubles the warming trend since the late 1990s by adjusting pre-hiatus temperatures downward and inflating temperatures in more recent years.

“Newly corrected and updated global surface temperature data from NOAA’s [National Centers for Environmental Information] do not support the notion of a global warming ‘hiatus,'” wrote NOAA scientists in their study presenting newly adjusted climate data.

To increase the rate in warming, NOAA scientists put more weight on certain ocean buoy arrays, adjusted ship-based temperature readings upward, and slightly raised land-based temperatures as well. Scientists said adjusted ship-based temperature data “had the largest impact on trends for the 2000-2014 time period, accounting for 0.030°C of the 0.064°C trend difference.” They added that the “buoy offset correction contributed 0.014°C… to the difference, and the additional weight given to the buoys because of their greater accuracy contributed 0.012°C.”

From here: http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/04/no...arming-hiatus/

So now I ask if it is settled science "why are they now adjusting data?" "Why hasn't the settled science studies ended?"

Also we all point to studies. With the political environment of today I ask you this:

You are a scientist that wants a federal grant to prove man has not contributed significantly to global warming. You fill out all the paper work and submit it to the Feds. What do you think the chances are that you would get the grant?

I'll tell you, El-Zippo, nada, 0%. Why? cause it does not fit the politics of global warming.

Every time a person questions the science what happens. We have folks call us all sorts of stuff or try and discredit us not with solid facts but with names statements like He's a "flat earther," "You sound exactly like the tobacco company apologists from 20 years ago." or "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

I could go on for a long time but won't bore those not interested is true science and scientific methods.

ToW
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tired of Waiting For This Useful Post: