Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #13
Dave R

I saw someone stop and back up at the Auburn rotary once. Could not believe what I was seeing...

I also saw someone backing up in the high speed lanes at the Hooksett Tolls last week. If I was a cop, that person would have been charged with reckless operation or worse.

I think rotaries are awesome. Every new intersection should have one. They are far superior to stop signs and I'm glad NH is using them. That said, I think the requirements for getting and keeping an operator's license should be much tougher throughout the US. I'm also a fan of a 3 tiered motorcycle license system where a larger displacement motorcycle licenses would require years of experience on smaller bikes and tough riding skills tests for each level. There are some awful riders out there who have no business on big bikes. That said, there should be some sort of loophole for cruiser-style bikes being in the middle displacement tier if they have a low seat and low power to weight. They require a lot less skill to ride than something like a 1000cc+ adventure touring bike.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote