Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #92
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
I have no dog in this hunt...I've eaten at the WI once or twice in the past and can't even recall what was ordered or the level of service we got from our waitperson.
I continue to be amazed at how so many are so quick to jump on a new poster. I'm sure that some are setups but as I write this there are 24 members signed on and 235 others who are probably just reading the posts gathering information, or whatever. Is is likely that one or two of these others read a post and feel compelled to sign up and respond to it? I think it's highly likely that this is what happens more often than not.
C'mon, folks, give a new poster a welcome rather than a crucifixion. If their post is a setup, they will be smoked out in due time. I think we need to try a little harder to be more tolerant of opinions that may differ from ours....it is, after all, a forum. And if we all agreed with all the posts, all of the time, it would be a very boring place to be, wouldn't it?
Phantom:

Good points. I think the frustration of many of the posters is the Inn's lack of progress/improvement despite the fact its owners bill themselves as restauranteurs, as well as consultants to the industry. This restaurant should be head and shoulders above anything in town and that is clearly not the case.

A couple of additional suggestions I'd like to make to management:

1) Print enough menus for every seat in the house plus have some back-ups. I have been there at least twice when they ran out of menus and the place wasn't even full.

2) Have every member of the Inn (inclusive of management) intern at the 99 Restaurant chain as a waiter/waitress to learn about superior customer service.

Good Luck. Your season is fast approaching.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote