View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #138
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
It all depends on where they are looking, but in many places on the lake that would be a decent combination. Do they have a particular island in mind?

If they were broad side of Rattlesnake that may not be the best options, but on Cow it would be good for example. Another part of it pertains to where they are calling "home port" on the mainland. If they were launching from Gilford, but boating across to Cow they may want something a bit more suited to rough water. Again, just using Cow as an example.
Yes definitely agree on this one. Having a pontoon gives you a nice platform to haul big bulky items.... small boat really comes down to where you are and how much you plan to use it. I keep my big boat on the mooring in front of my place all season, use the little one to commute. Can't go wrong with a Whaler, those are great but can be pricey for what they are.

The broads side of Rattlesnake is sort of an exception, most other islands are not subject to the same type of conditions on a rough day.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: