View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #44
Lin

Default How would they know

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
how will they know when I come off my private land with my kayak that I did not come off of a launch? or a friend was visiting with their kayak and came off private land

that to me is a major flaw here
I was going to say the same thing. Not everyone uses a launch. We don’t we use our association beach to launch. There are thousands of private homes and associations and non launch carry ins throughout the state.

Another thought I had after I posted last night was instead of a registration (although now voluntary) would be a say a $5.00 mandatory “tax” placed on the end sale of new canoes and kayaks that would go into maintaining ramps and for services rendered. There are definitely pros and cons to the idea though. but would be the easiest and most consistent program vs a registration. The cons are we already have our kayaks canoes and burden would be placed on new owners and repeat buyers. Also it is another tax but if the state wants fiscal responsibility of canoes and kayaks it is a fairer option vs catching up with all the older ones already on the lakes ponds and rivers statewide.