View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 10:10 PM   #38
Lin

Default If mandatory it would be hard to apply

First off our family owns 7 kayaks and 2 canoes. 7 out of 9 are brightly colored. And all of our life jackets are bright red or yellow. I would not be for a mandatory fee but as the real bill to be introduced offers, I could picture donating a fee but don’t feel it should be required because this bill is not specific to lake Winni but it would be all lakes; rivers and ponds regardless of size across the entire state. That would make enforcement ridiculous. Also that is not a small flag the other bill wants, it is 4’ We don’t have motors (elect/gas) on any of ours but I know in MA you have to have a canoe registered to use an engine and I can see that.

I also think that a lot of people that kayak and canoe give to various non-profit groups like loon preservation; lakes region conservation trust, New Hampshire Lakes Association, lake Winnipesaukee association and similar across the state, I do.

Crazy bill cause I could see bikes next like someone else said. Besides New Hampshire is the live free or die state.