View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #62
Cal-to-NH

I think the Newspaper article does a great job of describing the issue and has a fair analysis of both sides of it.....

It doesn't rely on assumptions like "only non-residents do it" I suspect that's not the case. "They are already violating the zoning" when the document provided only says to check your own town ordinances to find that out - and no one has provided any Town ordinance that shows this is true in Gilford. And so on, and so on......

If this waits until the end of the year, and the State enacts essentially the same law mid-year, this might be a good way to spell-out Gilford's control of these rentals. Whatever it looks like in the end will, if nothing else, be spelled out and everybody can work from the same playbook...

Some have said that enforcement of all of this after the dust settles may-well be an issue and I agree. You full-timers would know your own police better than anybody. This is going to be the key to whether or not everyone can live with all of this harmoniously. I know nothing about the Law enforcement in Gilford but have no reason to believe that they can't pull it off. I hope so, anyway. They not only have to exercise discretion for small violations, but they should also not hesitate to revoke the permit for repeat offenders...

Thanks to all. This has been a very informative discussion....
Cal-to-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal-to-NH For This Useful Post: