View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 07:32 PM   #9
escaped from NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad207 View Post
Now that the summer season is over, please make sure to to turn out all of your lights-- dock lights, pier lights, walkway and stair lights. One of the beautiful things about the fall and winter is the near total darkness that yields a better opportunity to be away from the city and the see the stars. The less ambient light, the better.

A house light or two to deter theft, on timers, and of course, and the light you'll need to get here in the evening-- on a motion detector of possible, are all warranted.

Lights out. You'll save a few dollars on your electrical bill, the lake will be a prettier place at night, and you'll be a better neighbor, too!
Is there any nice and polite way to ask our island neighbors (that have never “engaged” with us) to turn off their two property spotlights that shine on their dock but also shine into our bedroom windows? One is on a motion detector but is on more than it is off. The other is on continuously. They appear to have left for weeks and we are here until mid Oct. it sure ruins the beautiful moonlit/starlit darkness of the fall. I don’t want to anger them in any way. I have their email but have thus far not contacted them. Should I continue to live with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app