View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #22
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
Another option may be mini spilts with heat/ac. Just had a four head system installed this past summer. Works great. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
A few years ago we converted a 200+ year old building from oil to the split duck system. We went from an average of $700 a month for oil to an increase of only $110 a month in electricity. In the summertime we had window air-conditioning units which were removed as the AC came from the split ducks. Our electric bill went down about $100 per month. We are saving close to $4000 a year.

Last year there were two nights that we had to put an extra blanket on the bed. Other than that are home, and the restaurant were kept very comfortable.

I tried to save a couple dollars by purchasing the units myself and then hiring someone to do the installation. If I had to do it all over again, I would just go ahead and purchase the units from someone who does the installation. It was difficult to find someone who would do installation without taking advantage of a markup on the system. All said and done it ended up costing about $17,000 for the new system so we are about one year away from a break even.

We also burn propane in our kitchen, and fireplace. We get a pretty good rate because we use about 1000 gallons per month. I’m confident that the split duct system was the best move.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: