View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #224
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
And BTW, Joey, I didn't say I was against renting at all. I think a lot of people need to do it to pay their property taxes. And I hate more government rules and regulations. I think our houses should be our property and the government should stay out of it, but of course you know they don't. Every move is regulated. Then you see what SOME people do and you understand unfortunately why we need rules and laws.
Exactly, not every owner takes care of their property and I wouldn't consider it "isolated incidents". I've seen people move into brand new $700,000 homes with beautiful landscaping and never cut the grass. By then end of the summer it's 3ft tall. That's why fence companies are sooo busy!
You notice it more with different cultures. The colonial town of Lexington it is 50% Asian now. They all want big houses with no yards to take care of. $800,000 homes are being torn down to make way for 3 and 4 million dollar homes and they sell quickly.
I went to see Lenny Clark in Lexington's Cary Hall last year and one of his jokes was, "I rode my bike here on the bike path and I fell off and was knocked out. When I woke up I though I was in China".
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post: