View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 02:58 AM   #42
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
We visited Irwin Marine (they sell Sea-doo & Yamaha at their Alton location) and HK Powersports in Laconia which also sells both brands.
I have to laugh at seeing this information.

For two summers, '02/'03, I sold Yamaha boats at the soon to be defunct Xtreme Marine in Moultonborough. The company was well run, and sold many, many Yamaha jet boats/skis. What they needed, to keep them alive, was the snowmobile part of the business.

I only worked there, not a principal, but the story I heard was that Yamaha wouldn't give Xtreme the snowmobile franchise because it (Xtreme) was too close to the "territorially protected dealers"

Anyway- I made good money (sold a lot of boats,/skis for a summer job).
I still think (again, laughing at the Irwin/HK info above) that Xtreme got screwed by Yamaha.

By the way, this post is not a slam on Yamaha products- I still think they are one of the best at what they do.
It's interesting you mention this--while talking with DaSilva's in Hampstead the other day, I was told only the Moultonborough location sells Yamaha. I wonder if there is/was already a Yamaha dealer in the Hampstead area that prevented/prevents DaSilva's from selling it.

Rolex did something similar a decade ago when they pulled dealership licenses to "increase exclusivity." I can't recall if it was Alpha Omega or Long's that lost the brand, but I was told it was a big hit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote