View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #63
Garcia

I don’t think you can moor your boat and sleep on it on Lake George. You can reserve a campsite on a state owned island, but if you don’t have a reservation, cannot just drop anchor and spend the night.

There are not any state owned islands on Winnipesaukee, so I don’t see a system like Lake George ever happening.

I don’t have a philosophical issue with someone spending a night on a public dock, but from a practical point of view see nothing but problems. Public dock space is already at a premium and the three hour time is often ignored. On a summer night the docks in Meredith are often full until 8:00 at night, sometimes later. What time would someone be able to pull up for the night - and what time would they have to leave?

I’m not that familiar with Champlain or the Thousand Islands. My guess, and it’s just that, is that they must have more spaces available to the public than Winnipesaukee. Also, in either of those areas can you anchor wherever you want and sleep on board, or do you have to be at a dock?

Regardless of how any of us feel about the issue, the reality is that the rules as they currently exist are not going to change.
Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote