View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #31
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
Totally agree with Dbreskin. The last thing we need is a bunch of yahoos anchoring in front of Your place all night drinking beer and playing music and you know that would happen. Look at knuckleheads out there each day that trailer to the lake for a day trip that could decide to toss the anchor after a day bud talls. But then and again looking at the way some drive on the lake, including the fellow who put his boat on the breakwater couple weeks ago, think of the safety issue with anchored boats out there at night.
Sorry as a life long day-boater who actually prefers to trailer my boat (and would still do so if it were possible) I just dont see this as a genuine threat.

With every passing year and the constant closing of ramp access to the lake it just doesnt seem too likely.

Seriously missing Ames Farm access, then Alton Bay, and when I passed WAM recently I saw they were charging $40.00 to launch OUCH,,,

So the threat of trailer boaters ruining the lake by anchoring and sleeping on Winnipesaukee just sounds like more fear mongering to me.

And how you attribute poorly behaved boaters as trailer boaters is not clear to me. Quite the opposite the worst boaters I observe are the ones who seem to feel like they own the lake because they financed a huge boat loan and big mortgage and now act like pompous jerks.

Working class families looking for a fun day on the lake are being shut out by lack of ramp access, and by the actions of the yacht club crowd and wake and surfboat crowd churning the waters to unusable levels and blasting us with their concert level speakers.

Looks like another classic case of everyone point at the other guy as the problem.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: