Thread: rentals
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
Kracken

Default rentals

This may be a difficult one.

When I was a kid my family and I went to the lake every summer. My parents rented the same place every year. It was a complex of 12 or so cottages. It was not the nicest place on the lake but the people were fantastic. The same people rented every year so I grew up with my “summer friends” on the lake. I have the fondest memories of that place and the people who stayed there. Now that I am the Dad, I would really like to provide the same summer experience for my family. We do spend our summers at the lake, but it’s not the same at least not for my kids. I would like to find a family oriented place to rent for a week or two so my kids can have the experience I did so many years ago. Unfortunately these places are a dying breed. There use to be many rental properties around the lake. Over the past 30 years most have been converted to condos or simply torn down. Does anybody know of a family oriented place that has a decent beach and boat docks? I am not looking for a private home to rent, I have that.

thanks
Kracken is offline   Reply With Quote