View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #21
Lakenutforlife

Default Sam & Rosie's is an irreplaceable icon in Center Harbor

As a full time resident for several years, I had the pleasure of enjoying my frequent visits to Sam & Rosie's Cafe for morning coffee and treats or the occasional breakfast. The attractive family and local atmosphere they created was unicque and can never be duplicated by the Mug. The sad thing is that they had to go through several variances and town exceptions to even receive town approvals to run their business as a full fledge restaurant was not allowed in that location with Town zoning. Furthermore, they invested a lot of money into the location to improve the original inside decor and structure. Of course the greedy landlord has seen their success and is now demanding more rent even during the continued times of a recession and struggling economy both local, state and national. May he suffer for his greed and action to demand an unaffordable increase that Rosie could not continue her lease and business. Furthermore, the Mug has never had good ratings since there arrival in Center Harbor. Their Meredith location is of a totally different atmosphere and clientelle than the needs and customers Sam & Rosie attracted to their business in Center Harbor. The Mug may steal their location but they will never be able to steal Rosie's success in that location and the memories created for so many patrons. I hope the Mug fails big time in that location as they certainly deserve failure along with the landlord. Hopefully the Flooring place decides to relocate to create more empty space. Apparently, he is so out of touch with the current times. You have a great family Sam & Rosie and I hope you are able to continue your venture in a new location soon. I really hate to see you move to join the overabundance of restaurants in Meredith however there is very limited breakfast selection besides George's. Quite frankly, the Zach's Pizza location seems like a "drive by" location and too much hassle to stop with all the traffic on Route 25 in Meredith. Best wishes to all of you for the holidays and New Year.
Lakenutforlife is offline   Reply With Quote