View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
Grove84

Smile Formula or Cobalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
I am considering / looking at purchasing a new boat for next summer, and have narrowed it down to these two models. All things being equal, (they match up pretty tightly), things like power being same-same (430hp), no wake towers or full enclosure, (just bimini), etc... I'm trying to compare like to like.

As to the ancillary details, I've been on the lake my entire life, know the conditions and dealers well and have owned about 15 boats of all types - including 2 Formulas and 1 Cobalt. It will be kept in front of our house (at our dock) on Winni., stored on a trailer in the off-season and used primarily for cruising with a very little bit of tow-sports tossed in.

I am looking for owners opinions or direct experience of either / both, the good, the bad and the indifferent. Things like overall build quality - new and say at 50 hours, fit and finish (incl. small details), and so on. I know I really can't go wrong with either but would like to hear from folks that bought in the last few years and what they think.

TIA!
Both are very well built boats, I’m biased as I’m a Formula owner and having been at PBM for over 10 years they provide great follow on service. As you stated both are great boats I may come down to the floor plan and of course the swim platform for the water toys
Grove84 is offline   Reply With Quote