View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #17
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,151 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Have people around the lake called Verizon to complain and ask to file a formal report of the problem? If they get several reports they should look into it, especially if reported that it has changed from ok to poor service.

As an alternative, you can get a "network extender" (I have one at home), but most phones now support the wifi calling feature, which must be first enabled on your phone under "advanced calling" to be usable. Either can help.
I got a Verizon Network Extender for the Florida house after repeated complaining to Verizon. They started at $250 and I protested that they are charging for a service that they are not providing and it was absurd that they wanted me to pay for the extender. Eventually, after numerous complaints, they gave it to me for free. It does improve the service at my house.

One thing to keep in mind if you get one: It will not hand off a call in progress to a tower. In other words, if you go out of range of the extender while on a call it will drop the call.

There was a Verizon problem last year in the route 11B Gilford area. When I called to complain Verizon said no one else was having the problem. I told them I could name 5 friends with the same service problem in areas that had always had great service, they still wouldn't pay attention.

I asked the friends to call Verizon when they dropped calls and Verizon finally fixed the problem. So, Verizon does check for complaints in any given area. It is important to take a minute to call them every time you drop a call. It seems that they only respond to multiple complaints.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote