View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #18
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
A lot of poor people do not have photo IDs. I am not poor, but my only photo IDs are a driver's license and a passport. If you do not drive or fly, there is a high likelihood that you do not have a photo ID.

But you are switching the burden of proof here--you propose a new law to foil election fraud. Please point us to a significant case of election fraud in the US that would have been foiled with voter ID laws.
No offense here but I am so tired of hearing about the "poor" as a reason to do something that is fundamentally stupid such as allowing voting with zero proof of who you are and are eligible to vote. If everyone is SO concerned with the integrity of elections this is a sure way to minimize fraud.

Let's see the numbers showing a significant number of people with no photo ID. Bet it's minuscule.

Furthermore just as an example a non-driver's license photo ID from the state of NH costs a whopping 10 bucks. There is no way I would ever be convinced that somebody is so darn poor they can't afford a $10.00 ID.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: