View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
She really seemed to have no bias when she was asking the questions, and I got the indication that the bulk of the people that she talked to that day were opposers.
Codeman this directly reflects what I was saying in another thread. Contrary what the SL Supporters say the majority of boaters and people on the lake DO NOT support the law. The reporter probably had to dig to find the supporters she found. Even then the individual she interviewed was vague and only regurgitated what she probably heard from supporter propaganda.

She worries whether the lake will be safe enough for her daughters, now 2 and 4, to learn to drive someday.
"It's just become crazy over the years," she said.

Again the "safe" word. This law is not nor has ever been about safety. The supporters will try to tell you that it is but they know the truth. Read further and you can see exactly what I mean as the interviewee states:

Wieser said she thinks the speed limit has been a deterrent for the fast "offensive" boats.
"They have to think about it twice before bombing down the lake," she said.

Offensive boats! Stereotypical nonsense. I don't blame the interviewee for this response she has been falsely lulled into the thought that the SL will make the lake safer. She also has probably heard the rhetoric from the supporters side as they make no attempt to disguise their contempt for a particular brand of boat.

In another thread I challenged people to o out and casually engage acquaintances, strangers, waiters, waitresses, gas dock attendants, etc. in conversation about the SL. They will roll their eyes and laugh at the law. Try it for yourself. I've been doing it all summer and I swear I have not come across one supporter. I never reveal my opinion. I mostly just asked the question if they knew if it was a law or knew anything about it.
Sponsored Links