View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #20
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyGirl View Post
BroadHopper: We seriously looked at a unit for sale in Wildwood Village this past spring. I really liked the association and the quiet area, although the unit itself needed some work. My concern was that it backed up to an area that has a not-so-nice reputation with frequent police presence. Any insight you can offer about that? I did like that it was a smaller association and the beach area seemed very nice!
You did your homework. There is a HUD housing development on Blueberry Lane a 'block' away. Typical of may such 'projects' there are police presence every day. The village as we call ourselves have enough year round residence to deter theft and or vandalism. Police in the HOA itself is very rare. There are a few calls to police for 'unusual activity' within the village. And found later the occasional delivery guy or contractor doing legitimate work. I can only remember one break in the past decade I've been here. Only one suspicion of young perps looking into car windows. Not any more than any other HOA on the lake.
The only time we have an occasional problem is the use of the beach. Unauthorized people are asked to leave. Most just leave. If one don't leave the police are there in minutes! I am not aware of any escalated issue.

Units do need work. Mine been occupied by the original owners since 1979. It was outdated. Got a very reasonable price in 2005, and updated the unit. It is very nice. The HOA is currently replacing exterior clapboards. Original construction did not have a moisture barrier under the sidings. You will notice this have been taking care of.

What can be said about the unit owners, many of them are here for the long haul. And retiring to enjoy the area. It's not a 55+ community, it just became that way.