View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
Hillcountry

Default Check your pee-hole!

Valeted the toon this morning for an outing on the lake with family and friends.
Everyone seated and I start the Yamaha 150 and immediately check the pee-hole to make sure it’s running and no pee stream...hmmm...shut it down and waited a few seconds and still no pee.
Okay...trimmed the motor up and I could feel the hole and it was dry with some mud-like material around it.
Trimmed down and still no stream.
Two of the marinas boys were watching and asked if there was a problem so I said motor not peeing. One went to get the service Mgr. Bob who promptly came with a paper clip and tried inserting it in the hole...still nothing.
Long story short, everyone off the boat so Bob could put the toon on the sling and lift it out. As I was pushing the boat from the finger dock across to where the sling was I lost my balance and took a morning dip! No problem...nice warm water but my prescription glasses went flying into the water. Okay only neck deep here should be easy to spot glasses on the bottom...not.
Foot long weeds covered the bottom and each step I took caused major silt to float up.
A half hour of searching and no glasses. Meanwhile I hear Bob say “problem solved” over at the sling. Well, that’s good news! Gave up the search on the glasses and and had a nice (but squinty) day on the lake!
Luckily, my eyes aren’t that bad.
Left me wondering, however, how often that system may get clogged?
I never went shallow enough anywhere to draw in muck so I guess my advice is to ALWAYS CHECK THAT PEE-HOLE!
Side note: motor has 210 hours on it and this is the first time that happened.
And...major thanks to Bob at Winnisquam on Winnipesaukee for the great service with no charge!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote