View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 AM   #33
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I’m sorry the “facts” cannot and do not show that the new tax laws did not help the average person nor that 60-70% of Corp cuts have gone to shareholders. The FACT is the changes took affect 1/1/18 and no person or company has filed a tax return yet that includes the changes. These are merely assumptions and many incorrect. This was a complicated change to the code and conclusions can only be drawn after this coming tax season in 2019.

Also you point out the bad but left out the good such as increase in the stock market (which helps many employees 401k), reduced unemployment and increased GDP.

Not to mention that politicians local or otherwise have been influenced by money since the beginning of time, certainly nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Unemployment has been dropping for almost a decade, jobs reports show the change is trivial while wage growth is stagnant, and most economists agree the current GDP/economic situation is unsustainable. Something bad is coming because we moved from a conservative (ironic!), sustainable, approach to an aggressive, unsustainable one.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk