Thread: Pier 19
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 10:00 PM   #15
chasedawg

Default Pier 19 store

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I’m not sure that is correct. I believe Buddy Larue (so) owned both and made a decision to condo the slips & parking for same. He sacrificed the rental income for a a one time cash infusion. I guess you’d have to do an analysis of whether rent minus upkeep and associated time for renting maintenance vs cash was a good deal for him. Not always just about the Benjamin’s and I think Frank feels that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Where are you getting this false information? This is not correct at all. :>)

Back in the 70's and 80's Dan and Nancy Gilfoil were merchants of a cute store where the Pier 19 store is today. It was a convenient store that served the local community. They only owned the store. The did not own any marina slips or parking behind the store.

At the time 19 mile marina was owned by individuals from the local islands. In 1985 they decided to sell off the slips to individuals. I was one of the original purchasers. Then several years later Buddy bought the little convenient store that Dan and Nancy owned and moved it cross the street on Union Wharf road. You can drive pass it today and it is a nice blue cape on the corner of Union Wharf and 109.

Buddy never purchased any 19 mile marina slips. At the time there were none for sale. They were all owned by individuals and still are.

Lisa and Frank have been great community partners over the years. Their store has brought joy and fun to the area. During the summer the store would be crowded with family and friends buying ice cream and take out food for many happy boaters. They also provide a stop off place for the MP and others to get refreshments and a potty break. They will be missed. They were always helpful and would help in anyway. I understand that they need a break to be with their family and friends during the summer months. We wish them well.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote