Thread: Three dead fish
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #12
barefootbay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Could you please be more specific in "the cost to the lakes"?
Does an annual fishing derby degrade the lake more than the summer boating season?

Could you please be more specific in "the cost to the fish"?
Does an annual fishing derby attendee not have to buy a fishing license which is how we stock our lakes and ponds?

Could you please be more specific in "the local environment"?
Does an annual fishing derby degrade the lake more than the summer boating season?

Seems like you would prefer that the lake is preserved for your particular sport rather open to everyone for whichever sport they choose to participate in.

I pay the same fee to drive my boat on the lake as everyone else does. The same fee others pay to water-ski/Wake board or whatever else they so choose. I just do it at a much lower speed while fishing which IMO causes much less damage to "the local environment" as you say.

In addition to my boat registration, I also purchase a combination hunting and "fishing" license which gives me the right to throw my hook into the water to catch fish. This is a fee that I pay on top of the fee to ride a boat on the big lake.
The costs to name a few are truck loads of trash pulled out of Meredith harbor each spring, dead fish floating around and the loss of 3 lives this winter.
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote