View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #67
Tired of Waiting

Default I covered it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I think there is one thing missing in your analysis as to why Mr. Clay was told to be quiet and get up from the table and either leave the room or sit in the audience.
The BOS took a legal and binding vote that accused Mr. Clay of using defamatory language against the board. Therefore it was not up to Mr. Clay to decide as to whether the board was right, or wrong. The chair made a motion and the board approved it. From that point on the board took the necessary action to have Clay removed and that did happen.
We can all give our opinion as to whether Clay’s right to free speech was violated, but now it is going to be up to the court/s to decide what the outcome will be.

So, all that being said, neither you nor I can say who has violated any laws, it will be up to the court/s to decide.

From my post: "Here is a man who was RECOGNIZED by the board of selectmen to speak and as soon as he made a statement they, the Board, did not like they shut him down and cut his time off through "USE of FORCE."

I watched the video and Mr, Clay did not in any way use defamatory language.

"A defamatory statement is a false statement of fact that exposes a person to hatred, ridicule, or contempt, causes him to be shunned, or injures him in his business or trade."

Show me where any statement had any of those results and I'll then agree.

The selectmen voted to violate his rights because their feelings were being hurt.

As for the part of the law suite against the police any lawyer is going to name all involved with the action. The complaint against the officer is for pain and suffering as stated for his arm being bent up behind his back. Don't know if he was really hurt or not but the court will decide that.

ToW