View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #1028
sa meredith

Default anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
I can't believe the things you people have been saying on here. Have some respect. This could have happened to any one of us or one of our family members. One wrong decision could change everything. The best part about it is Erica is still a better boater than 90% of the people on here.... Its time to find something else to take up your day on this site.
Lets start a thread on how people should take a boating test on the water with there boat before they get there license. That would make this lake a bit safer don't you think.....
Actaully, the end of your post makes a bit of sense. People needing to take a water test in there(sic) boat to get there(sic) license is not a bad idea. Think you meant "their", but who am I to say?

But, as for the rest of the post...I certainly agree one wrong decision can put a person's whole life into a tailspin. There is no question about that. However, I for one, think she made several bad decisions in a very brief period of time.
Let's assume for a moment that she is a more skilled/experienced boater than 90% of the poeple who read this forum ( I actaully stated something very similar to that a day or so ago) . Doesn't that make this whole thing worse?! If she is such a fantastic boater, what prompted her to decide 18 MPH IN ZERO VISIBITLY was a solid choice? My best guess is, she was not thinking clearly...add that to the .15, add that to 5 hours in bar, add that to the empties found on board, add that to the vodka bottle that they admitted to using to make a drink for the ride, and finally, add that to a sleek, smooth talking attorney, and the survey says?????????????
No OUI...thanks for playing!
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: