View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

The business model at Winnisquam has always been one of service, focused on Sales. So it is not surprising that you have / are having a good experience with your purchase from them. I think once people get over the transition and growing pains of a new owner, (as there are many grumpy people over some of the changes)... it will all be for the best.

The only issue I have ever had with Winnisquam, since buying a boat from them, which caused me to stop using their service dept. Was that they didn't seem to like that fact that I always wanted explanations, as to why they felt something was necessary to be done. I didn't and don't maintain my vessel with a "open unquestioning check book".... I do maintain my boat with a "open check book" for all repairs that need to be done... After being told my boat needed a tune up in the spring, after having just been tuned up in the fall, didn't sit right with me. A little attention to the carburetor, with some cleaner, and resetting the timing was all it took.... as opposed to changing all the plugs, distributor, and cap...In my case they lost sight of the fact, that I used there service dept. for convenience, so that my weekends didn't have to be tied up with maintenance activities and I could just use the boat.