View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #10
BoatHouse

Default Happy with our 2017 Cobalt 220S

We purchased a 2017 220S Cobalt rental boat from Goodhue & Hawkins and have been very happy.

We bought our house in July of 2017 and since this is our first boat, our plan was to rent the first summer for a few weekends to see what we liked and search for a 1-2 year old boat during the winter of 2017-2018. Plan is to keep the boat 3-5 years to see what like and don't like to incorporate in our next purchase.

The convenience of G&H and the friendly service kept me going back there to rent and got me to look at their used inventory.

After searching around different Dealers on the lake for new and used options and going to the Boat show in Boston, we went to G & H in February to see the boat in their heated storage and decided it was the right boat for us. It is one of the boats we rented a couple of times.

We certainly saved $$ compared to a New 220S. I am sure we paid more than if we purchased from a private owner, but we have the peace of mind that we can go to G&H if any issues come up.

They did a complete tune up of the engine/drive and we received the boat in May looking and running like a brand new boat. We still had 4 years of the 5 year warranty remaining when we took ownership.

Also, since this is our first boat, I plan to store the boat a G&H for at least the first 2-3 winters and have them perform regular maintenance. I didn't even buy a trailer because I knew I was never taking the boat to another body of water. Every year when I get the boat from them in May it has been like getting a new boat!

I've seen comments on the forum that some people would never buy a rental boat and I understand their concerns. However, after seeing how G&H take care of their rentals and having rented this boat for 30-40 of the 120 hours it had when I purchased it and the 4 years remaining on the warranty, I was very comfortable buying this boat. We have had two great summers on the lake since purchasing the boat. It has everything we need/want for a boat.

Sorry I sound like an AD for G&H, but thought it would help to tell about our experience. I am sure there are many other dealers/marinas on the lake that are similar.
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoatHouse For This Useful Post: