View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #49
Poor Richard

So, before any real boat work can commence, sorting out the trailer is first on the list. I will be respringing for 9000lbs.

Right now I'm in leaf spring hell as I discovered a busted leaf on my Tundra...this in addition to the four spring stacks that are being replaced/ uprated on the trailer.

I have sent everything over to Donovan Spring in Londonderry, NH as they have done great work for me over the years.

This past weekend involved many jack stands to support the boat/ trailer combo then dropping both trailer axles followed by dropping the right rear of the truck and removing that spring stack.

One notable issue with the trailer that I am trying to figure out is, one of the greasable shackle bolts somehow welded itself to the spring mount on the trailer frame. None of the others were like this however, I was certainly impressed to see my brazing tip and a small sledgehammer were not enough to break it free. At this point I want to be careful here as I prefer not to burn off the galvanizing layer so it's time to dust off the air chisel, add heat and go to town!

Pics coming soon.
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote