View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:41 AM   #49
NoRegrets

Default Kayak Restriction

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimi
I think it's high time that someone proposed legislation to restrict kayakers from going beyond 150' from shore. This would make total sense to me and would fit right into the legislature's attitude toward safety, don't you think? There's plenty of water between shore and 150' out from shore, given the entire perimeter of the lake. Kind of like keeping bicycles off of interstate highways - it just make sense.....
Hi Chimi,

I have a boat, canoe, and kayak. We are at the south end of Paugus Bay. Sunday morning I took my kayak up the bay, across to the big and little islands and back again. Your new law would have made me it wrong for me to do this. We do not need laws but common sense. There were the normal water skiers getting quality time in the bay and a few fishing boats. I would never venture out there on a Saturday afternoon!
There are too many sections of water on the lake that you would not be able to cross with the 150’ limit and our legislators would screw it up totally! Good thought but highly restrictive for the little good it would do.