View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 09:26 PM   #25
Tank151

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
In the last many years my fellow Mass residents have been treating the Weirs beach like their personal property that they bought for the price of admission, and they seem to come with little respect for others. Not saying they are looking for trouble, most seem pleasant and happy enough, they just seem to think they world thinks as they do and enjoys what they enjoy and they dont ever seem to get it that some come to Weirs for a quiet family day to rest and enjoy the surroundings.

In the last 15 years I have also noticed that its not just weekends and holidays, these crowds can be there on weekdays and they stake out huge chunks of space, there will be groups of people playing football and too often trampling small children while doing so, blaring music way too loud, and basically acting like they own the place rather than sharing it with others.

I stopped taking vacations years ago and do lots of mid-week day trips to avoid the weekend crowds, and in the last 10+ years I have noticed that there a lot of other folks doing the same. Not sure if they have the same flexibility I do, or they work different shifts or maybe weekends and/or non regular schedules but it often surprises me how many day-trippers will be at Winnipesaukee on weekdays.

I dont know that there is much you can do to fix the lack of manners/consideration for others, and I think its sad that cooking will be eliminated, but I do think this may help tone things down just a bit.

It would be sure nice to see people remember that the lake and its beaches and town docks are shared space and tone down the "I'll do what I want" attitudes. But I suppose that was as set of values from a different era,,,
So you're there at the Weirs checking ID's and verifying all/most beach go'ers are from Massachusetts to make that statement? WOW, you're pretty good!

I'm from Massachusetts and know several Laconia Police officers and they have informed me that most folks on the beach are locals and Manchester NH area.

Most lakefront property on Winnipesaukee are owned by MASS and NY residents.
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tank151 For This Useful Post: