View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 08:00 PM   #24
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Sorry I respectfully disagree. Most people are law abiding citizens and are respectful of law enforcement, the media tends to accentuate the bad instances for ratings and sensationalism.
Don't get me wrong here, I agree most folks are good citizens and I think it's great how many families and extended families use WB for gatherings. Furthermore most seem very respectful and are there to enjoy the place. In fact I would bet most clean up after themselves and if listening to music keep it at a reasonable level. However all it takes is one - and that one being confronted by police, which turns into more than just a discussion, somebody videos that throws it all over social media and what do you know another "incident" is all over the news.

That's my point and the cops are not going to let a situation escalate so they can become the next outrage of the day to be judged in the court of public opinion. Instead I think they would be more likely to walk away then to dig in and create a spectacle.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: