View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #9
MeredithMan

Default Public Beach Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
They already have! Not a spec of real estate is available at Ellacoya and Wellington State Parks. I was told it is becoming too expensive to maintain the beaches due to daily trash pickups. A lot of folks bury their garbage in the sand. I happen to see one mother bury a dirty baby diaper! That episode alone made me avoid public beaches!
There is sometimes a lot of noise that the majority of the water access is privately owned and there needs to be more "public beach access". Why? So the place can be treated like ****?

My place is near one of the lesser-known public beaches in Meredith. 9 years ago, when we first bought our place, the only people that used it were some of the weekly renters in the seasonal places nearby. Everyone was quiet and off the beach by dinnertime/early evening. The volume of beach-goers has grown exponentially, and last year was crazy-town. I can't even count the number of people who would go out on their floats and tie up to my mooring ball, (boat was at dock). When I would say, "please get off my mooring", they typical response would be, "Why? You're not using it" or, "I'm just floating here, man..." "It's private property; please get off" There was even one crew last year who tied their floats to my neighbor's DOCK, till the neighbor came out and went bonkers.

And, there were also the midnight, 1, 2, AM drunken beach parties, skinny dipping, fireworks, and once a camp fire. I'll usually give a little slack for 15-20 minutes so as not to be a total A.H., as most leave after that time, but there have been a few calls to the police, (especially with the middle of the night campfire).

So, back to my original question...why should there be more public beach access when the folks who use it don't give a rat's a**??

I'll get off my soapbox now...
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: