View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
PaugusBayFireFighter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Driving around both the Meredith and newly constructed Weirs Beach roundabouts yesterday, one big design difference between the two was plain to see. The Meredith roundabout has grey granite cobbles or blocks, about 18"x10" each cobble, in the circular infield area designed for the rear wheels of 53' semi tractor-trailers, while the Weirs roundabout does not. At the Weirs roundabout, the circular infield designed for the rear wheels of 53' semi tractor-trailers is one smooth surface of smooth grey concrete.

And, in my opinion, it makes a great big difference how the two different roundabouts will be looking. The grey granite cobbles are a so much better look than that smooth concrete. Was it all about the extra money or something for the cobbles? Wonder what the m.o. or thinking was by Laconia and the NH-D.O.T. for going with smooth concrete because it just don't have that same Meredith good looks as the cobbles.......but that's Laconia for you???
Here's a picture showing the smooth concrete at the roundabout. I love the "ONE WAY" signs...just kind of obvious but I guess it's for safety reasons.
Attached Images

PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post: