View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #82
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
I did read carefully you wrote, bold is mine but the words are yours:

So you don't see boys and girls camps on islands sailing on Tuesday very often because that can only happen mid-week. Not a very clear statement at all if you are trying to say Tuesday is also mid-week because that is not what you stated at all.

Perhaps I didn't correctly recall the number of accidents you folks claimed occurred involving speed since it was soooo long ago that I posted a link to the 2006 NH stats provided by Woodsy. I could have made a mistake that you had said 44 instead of 47...okay, it's 44 involving speed? I believe the stats are on an exel file so you can supply the line numbers that would be interesting to read.

Actually I clearly defined speed in my original question when I brought it up in another thread as the 45/25 speed that you and others were supporting. As you may remember, or maybe you don't remember since you folks ignored it when it was still a relevant debate, I was responding to a Business Journal article posted by YOU that claimed 2006 was a very dangerous year on NH waterways.

You named the thread "N.H. among worst for boating accidents"

I looked at the stats for that same year quoted in your article and challenged their and your conclusions. I clearly spelled that out. As usual if the stats don't support your position you try to muddy the waters.

I guess it was such a long time ago you just forgot.

Of course you still have not given us the line numbers of the 44 speed related accidents that you claim to have found even if ALL the accidents don't have speed listed next to them. Why not? The data doesn't support your opinion so it must be flawed because Woodsy linked it.
It seems you just want to argue.

My definition of mid-week is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I guess your definition is only Wednesday. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? Another mountain you wish to make out of a mole hill.

I count 44 accidents that involve a speed. Count them anyway you wish. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

I am finished with this crazy argument. Please stop posting that nobody will answer your questions. I tried to answer you, but you keep not understanding and throwing more mud on the problem. You don't want answers, you want HB847 repealed.