View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #174
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,151 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokart-mozart View Post
The way I heard it, it was Tuftonboro, they paid the fine, and they are enjoying their facilities right now.
The state is very adamant about the waterfront regulations and any construction.

Several years ago I applied to the town and the state to do some work on my property. I sent pictures and diagrams in with the application to better explain my proposal.

Within 10 days I got a letter from DES saying "It appears that there are living quarters above the boathouse." It asked for proof that the construction was done legally and with permits, before the regulations prohibiting building the structure were in place. The proposed construction had nothing to do with the boathouse.

I went to the town building inspector and we looked through the file for the property. He found a hand drawn sketch of the property from the 1950's that accompanied a permit application for a fence. It labeled the boathouse "boathouse with cottage above". I asked the Building Inspector to call DES because I knew they would never believe me if I showed them that. He did, and the issue was resolved.

These days, I don't think people who are inclined to flaunt the regulations can get away with much.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote