View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I own one very tiny lot in Suissevale, it's like 1/4 acre (maybe.) It's appraised at $40,000 (ish) on my tax bill and I have always found that to be high. Is there a minimum size it needs to be to be considered buildable? I'm not sure of it's size right off hand but I know it's tiny. I've owned it for many years 15 at least. I had the same situation where we owned ajoining lots and had to have them all in seperate names. Is there a market for a tiny (hopefully buildable) lot in Moultonborough?
It really depends on the lot, any lot can be made buildable through the variance process. But, the resistance from abutters in the major unknown in the process. Say, if the lot is waterfront, but is only 75' from water to road or access than I would say you do not have much of a market, unless someone is looking for a waterfront campsite (see 50' waterfront buffer requirements). If the lot is just in the middle of a wooded residential area than I would have say that you could find someone that would try to build something on it, some folks truely do not mind living directly on top of one another (Obviously I have no way of knowing the surrounding conditions to make that statement, more of a generalization). Does Suissevale have private or public water and sewer, because that is the biggest hurdle for a small residential lot.

Where you are the owner of record and have been for 15 years, you would have a better chance to build something on that lot than any new buyer. Being able to show a hardship if they will not let you build, is easier the more you have invested. So, pick out some plans and build a spec house if you are truely interested in trying for a return. This would be the easiest way for you to sell the property in my opinion, most bang for your buck as well (the modern modular built home is hard to tell apart from a custom sticker and they are priced right as well as turn around to reduce capital exposure), just a thought.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote