View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #43
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFP View Post
Admittedly I might be a bit of a stickler for details but I can’t imagine paying 4 million dollars for a property when the owner, realtor, or stager couldn’t be bothered to tidy up for the pictures.

The first picture shows plastic Adirondack chairs thrown about.

The front and back exterior pictures of the home show lawns that were not raked and steps and decks that were not swept.

And then one of the bedrooms has the mattress just sitting on a box spring on the floor.

If I was trying to sell something for that much money I’d want to prospective buyers to think I care more than those pictures show. The person who can’t be bothered to buy a $79 dollar bed frame is not the person I would trust to have properly maintained the “4 million dollar” home I’m purchasing.

And (possibly even more importantly) if I was a realtor standing to make a sizable commission on the sale of a place like this, I’d want to present a much better image.
Are you fricken kidding me? You would let those things get in your way of considering a property?

The entire process of "staging" a property is over rated. Because if it is staged in a different way then a potential buyer would want to see it, it can actually work against you....

What if the owner prefers not to use a bed frame some people don't.... Just because you think they are necessary doesn't mean they are....

So a couple of Adirondack chairs are blown over.... what if the person looking at the photos doesn't even like Adirondack chairs....

Perception is important don't get me wrong. But the things mentioned here are frivolous... If I was able to afford to look at property for 4M$.... I am likely also planning to come in and spend an additional 500K - 1M$ to make updates to the property to make it mine...

Last if I was buying a 4M$ piece of property, I would also be investing some money, in a thorough inspection of the home including heating and hot water systems as well as the structure itself to insure I knew what I was buying.

In the end the pictures are fine... only nit picky people would be offended by them.